Modifications and Enforcement of Court Orders
As family circumstances change, family court orders may need to change too. Child support, parenting schedules, the amount of visitation or even the child's primary residence can be modified by the court. If a court order is still valid, but one party is not adhering to it, the other party can ask the court to enforce it.
My name is Charles Messina. I handle all family law matters, including post-divorce modifications and enforcement of orders for custody, child support or maintenance.
Based in the Buffalo suburbs, I practice in family courts of Erie County, Niagara and Chautauqua counties, and neighboring jurisdictions of Western New York. Contact me today for a free and confidential phone consultation.
Buffalo Post-Divorce Modification Lawyer
I can help you negotiate a new agreement to be submitted to the court, or I can represent you in petitioning the court or challenging a modification:
- Change of primary custody
- Petition for sole custody
- Changing the parenting plan (schedules, visitation days, etc.)
- Parent relocation (moving out of New York with the child)
- Child support increase (new job, bonus or raise)
- Child support reduction (layoff, hours cut, other hardship)
- Increase/decrease/terminate spousal maintenance
Erie County Child Support and Visitation Enforcement Lawyer
An ex-spouse or co-parent who disobeys a family court order can be found in contempt of court. Judges have various remedies to enforce custody orders or support obligations.
I have handled all types of enforcement matters:
- Refusing visitation or withholding phone contact
- Failing to pick up or return the child at the appointed time
- Scheduling activities on the other parent's visitation days
- Parental alienation (bad-mouthing the other parent to the child)
- Child endangerment (furnishing alcohol, dating a sex offender, etc.)
- Failure to pay child support or alimony
- Intentional unemployment/underemployment
Revisiting Family Court Orders
I always attempt to settle these disputes out of court, but I am an experienced trial attorney who is always prepared to go to court to assert or defend your interests. Call my Hamburg office at 716-650-4581 to schedule a consultation, including after hours by appointment. I accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.