Call for a Free
Phone Consultation

HomeAttorney ProfileFamily LawFAQContact
I am confident that I can help you get effective results which protect your interests. Learn why you should hire me.
I believe that you need information about the options in order to make a decision. Learn if divorce is right for you.
I’m committed to finding the best outcome for your children, your finances and your future. Don’t wait to let me help your family.

Modifications and Enforcements

Can I change my court order after a divorce?

A divorce decree is a final court order that outlines all areas of your specific situation. Everything from your division of assets, child support, custody arrangements and maintenance can be addressed on your final divorce decree. While these orders are permanent and cannot be completely eliminated, you can make modifications to these orders by working with my firm, The Law Office of Charles A. Messina.

How to Modify a Divorce Decree

Commonly, a modification needs to be made to a divorce decree because of an unexpected life change. Where you were when the divorce was finalized may not be where you are now because your financial, social and medical circumstances may have change. Child custody arrangements, support, and alimony orders can all be created on a temporary or permanent basis.

In order to obtain a modification, you must file a request with the court. I can help you understand the changes that are being requested and file the necessary paperwork to ensure that your modification is accepted in a timely manner.

Enforcing Court Orders

Are you seeking to enforce a court order? Because these orders are final and binding by the court, failing to comply with them can cause significant legal complications. If a spouse is non-compliant, an attorney can assist you in enforcing these court orders. Depending on the circumstance, each case may vary, but it is always important that you are aware that failure to adhere to the guidelines listed in a court order can lead to severe consquences.

If a protective order is being violated, you need to immediately contact law enforcement to ensure safety of you and your family. If a civil order is being violated, you need to gather all necessary evidence pertaining to your case and contact an divorce attorney as soon as possible. Working with my firm may be your best option to ensure that your court orders are enforced.

Contact The Law Office of Charles A. Messina as soon as possible!

Are you ready to move forward with your case? Now is the time to contact The Law Office of Charles A. Messina. Over the years, I have been able to provide clients with the representation that they deserve and I have assisted them in obtaining favorable outcomes for their cases. With the assistance of a Buffalo family law attorney, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.

Modifying and enforcing court orders can be stressful, and I do everything in my power to keep you informed and up to date with all legal happenings in your case to minimize your worries. Do not hesitate to contact The Law Office of Charles A. Messina today by completing a free case evaluation form for a telephone consultation.

Law Office of Charles A. Messina - Buffalo Divorce Attorney
Located at 3990 McKinley Pkwy #3
Buffalo, NY 14219. View Map

Phone: (716) 980-1959 | Local Phone: (716) 634-7777.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Facebook Twitter Google Plus